The momentum for energy efficiency, environmental sustainability and economic security is growing right here in the town of Brighton, New York.
ColorBrightonGreen.org, a non-profit organization, supports business, municipal, school, and residential energy reduction measures in our town, in concert with climate protection efforts by other towns and cities across the country.
Through community education and simple, thoughtful actions, our goal is to reduce local greenhouse gas emissions by at least 10% and make our own little piece of the world cleaner.
- Seeking Large Planting Pots for Tree Project (3/15/2020) - ColorBrightonGreen is continuing to purchase and nurse trees for later planting in the community. We will be purchasing tree seedlings from the Monroe County Soil and Water Conservation District and are in need of large pots to nurse them along to a size that can be transplanted in the community at a later date. This … Continue reading Seeking Large Planting Pots for Tree Project
- 2020 Eco-Fair Participants (2/28/2020) - Registration is now open for the 2020 ColorBrightonGreen.org Eco-Fair. The Eco-Fair will be held on Sunday, June 21, 2020 (Father’s Day) from 9 am to 1 pm concurrent with the Brighton Farmers’ Market located at the Brighton High School Parking Lot and front grounds. 2020 Eco-Fair participants as of February 29, 2020 are: ColorBrightonGreen.org
- Ask An Expert, Community Choice Aggregation (1/17/2020) - Melissa Carlson, from Roctricity, will be at the ColorBrightonGreen table at the Brighton Farmers’ Market on Sunday, January 19, 2020 from 1-4 PM. The Brighton Farmers’ Market is located at the Brookside Community Center, 220 Idlewood Road in Brighton. Have you heard about Community Choice Aggregation and how it is bringing carbon-free electricity to residents … Continue reading Ask An Expert, Community Choice Aggregation
- Ask An Expert About Green Investing (1/17/2020) - Ward Graham has 30+ years of self-managed stock market investing using “modern portfolio theory” and manages multiple accounts for family and friends. Ward will be at the ColorBrightonGreen Table at the Brighton Farmers’ Market on Sunday, February 16, 2020 from 1 to 4 PM. The Brighton Farmers’ Market is held at the Brookside Community Center, … Continue reading Ask An Expert About Green Investing
- Green Investing Presentation (1/17/2020) - On Monday, March 9, 2020 a Green Investing Presentation will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 PM at the Brighton Memorial Library, 2300 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester. Financial Planners Megan A. Rinaudo, CFP and Steven Pietricola, CIMA, CSRIC will give an introduction to responsible investing which allows investors to align their interests with their values including … Continue reading Green Investing Presentation