WHY BECOME A MEMBER
The American Art Therapy Association is the nation’s leading organization advocating the important issues impacting the art therapy profession. By becoming a member, you support our crucial work of advocating for the future of art therapy while gaining access to the important research, tools, and connections you need to succeed in the field. Join the AATA today!
Here are more reasons to join AATA today.
AATA members have exclusive access to the MyAATA, a members-only library of research reports written by pioneers in the industry, the latest news from the field of art therapy and practical career advancement tools:
- Art Therapy: Journal of the American Art Therapy Association. The most prestigious publication in the field showcasing leading research and practice-based articles.
- Toolkits for Careers in Art Therapy. Developed in collaboration with leading employer groups, AATA’s toolkits assist members develop effective art therapy programs that produce results in growing career tracks.
- Licensure Guides. AATA members have exclusive access to our Advocacy Center which provides the latest information on public policy related to art therapy including state-specific news and guides to licensure advocacy efforts and/or requirements.
AATA is dedicated to helping its members create successful, rewarding careers in art therapy. Here are just a few of the resources available to members:
- AATA Mentor Program. A unique program connecting Student and New Professional members with Credentialed Professional, Professional and Retired Professional members for mutually beneficial support and career development advice.
- Art Therapy Career Center. A resource where more than 150 national healthcare, educational and community service organizations post jobs in the field of art therapy.
- Find An Art Therapist Locator. 2.4 million people visit this site annually to find a provider. Participation is available at a substantial discount to AATA members.
AATA’s active Governmental Affairs Committee, supported by the National Office team and our Public Policy Advisor, advocates for the profession on behalf of our members and the clients whom they serve.
AATA members have exclusive access to our Advocacy Center which provides the latest information on public policy related to art therapy at the federal and state levels.
CONFERENCES, TRAININGS AND LOCAL EVENTS
Each year, AATA hosts a variety of events and trainings enabling its members to connect with colleagues, keep abreast of new trends in the field and qualify for continuing education credits (CECs).
- AATA’s Annual Conference is the premier event connecting art therapists with colleagues from across the nation and the world. Members receive substantial discounts on conference attendance.
- The Institute for Continuing Education in Art Therapy (ICE/AT) offers an expanding set of online courses, enabling you to develop competencies and quality for continuing education credits (CECs). Members receive substantial discounts on courses.
- Members of the AATA are eligible to join their local AATA chapter. There are nearly 40 local AATA chapters nationwide providing opportunities to connect and collaborate with colleagues in your area.
Membership is an important investment in your education and in your career. Whether you are a healthcare provider, educator, researcher or student, we invite you to join us in the most unique, creative group of healers that is the American Art Therapy Association.